In A Nutshell:
- Reiki is energy healing. We are made of energy so healing at our energetic level equates to healing imbalances at their Source
- Reiki relaxes; energetically re-balances; activates the bodies innate healing response; and importantly releases stress, the foundation of many health concerns both large and small, short and long term
- Reiki can be so powerful and effective because it infuses your chakras and your body, with Universal light energy.
- Reiki clears energy blocks in our chakras, leaving recipients feeling more grounded, calm and relaxed after a session.
- A powerful healing on it’s own, Reiki also enhances the power of, and is complimentary to, other healing approaches
Reiki can be ‘hands on’ or ‘hands off’ or sent distantly…….. It’s a natural process that enables relaxation and healing by removing blocks to the flow of energy in your body, facilitating balance and support on all levels. It can assist in relieving and reducing pain and enable the release of old energy, patterns, and/or beliefs that no longer serve. Your body takes exactly what it needs for optimal healing at that time and always works for the recipients highest good. Reiki is a powerful form of energy healing dating back thousands of years to Tibetan Monks.
Stress is commonly understood to be at the basis of much ill health today for both short and long term problems…. ….Medical research has determined that continual stress can block the body’s natural ability to repair, regenerate and protect itself. The American Institute of Stress estimates that 75%-95% of all visits to doctors are the results of reaction to stress. Stress has also been found to be a key factor in the development of long term illness and disease overtime. Reiki releases stress.
Practitioners are attuned to the life force energy vibration meaning they are energetically cleared to become a channel for the universal energy all around us to pass through them to the recipient. The more attuned a practitioner is (Master level being the most) the stronger the energy; the clearer the channel they become; and the more ‘tuned in’ they become to the recipient.
Note: Reiki is recommended as a minimum of three sessions.
++ Attuned to Reiki Master Level
Emotional Freedom Technique (Tapping)
In A Nutshell:
- Tapping is growing worldwide and research is backing it as an easy, effective technique combining Chinese Acupressure and modern Psychology
- A simple technique to diffuse the ‘charge’ we experience on all levels associated with a past or current negative experience
- Effective for daily stress through to past trauma, tapping can address negative beliefs, emotional issue’s and physical pain
- Negative states suppress our immune systems so tapping also re-engages the natural healing ability of the body
EFT Tapping utilizes the meridian system within the body……. tapping on acupressure points and focusing on a specific issue sends a signal to the amygdala in the brain responsible for emotions, survival instincts, and memory. Perceived threats such as stress or negative responses from others stimulate the amygdala and can create chronic stress. Tapping reprograms your response to these threats… the anger, sadness, or whatever negative emotion you’re experiencing, and sends a signal to the amygdala that you’re safe. While the technique may be new, it’s based upon practices in Eastern medicine that are 5,000+ years old.
Tapping is able to work for so many different things ……it enables exploration of the emotional issues that often underlie the problems you’re experiencing. Tapping reaches us at the physiological level, creates a calming sensation neutralising any negative state so we no longer experience it as distressing, painful or damaging. This helps prevent stressful thoughts from triggering a negative response in the future, making way for more positive, empowering thoughts.
You are literally tapping into your body’s own energy and healing power….. by neutralising the negative states that suppress our immune systems at the physiological level. It allows us to release old programming and stored emotions, as well as current distress. You can improve your feelings about yourself/others, loose limiting beliefs, clear out past trauma and let go of obstacles holding you back.
Physical pain and disease are highly connected to negative emotions, and Tapping can create long lasting results for a multitude of issues, including:
- pain relief
- emotional release/problems
- weight loss
- depression, resentment, unforgiveness etc
- addictions, disorders, phobias
- autoimmune diseases
- the list goes on and on…………………………………
++ EFTi International Accreditation Level 2; ongoing mentoring & training
In A Nutshell:
- Massage has real value in bringing about physical, mental and emotional release with the deep relaxation experienced through skilled touch
- Massage facilitates the releasing of toxins in the body and reconnecting with oneself more fully
- The healing power of massage is enhanced further when combined with Reiki
Whilst not a focus of my practice it is a great tool when this kind of relief and relaxation is called for and can form a valuable part of an overall healing approach.
++ Certificate & Advanced Certificate in Remedial Massage, Wellpark College
I draw upon other tools and practices beyond those outlined here and continue to widen this net for myself and others.
With my professional Social Work background (Bachelor of Social Work Degree, Massey University) I have a strong foundation for working with people sensitively, ethically, cross culturally and importantly doing no harm.