- Tapping is growing worldwide and scientific research is coming in strongly, growing rapidly since the 2000’s, showing it to be an easy, effective technique combining Chinese Acupressure and modern Psychology
- A simple technique to diffuse the ‘charge’ we experience on all levels associated with a past or current negative experience
- Effective for daily stress through to past trauma, tapping can address negative beliefs, emotional issue’s and physical pain
- Negative states suppress our immune systems, tapping re-engages the natural healing ability of the body, boosting the immunse system alongwith other physiological benefits
EFT Tapping works with the meridian energy system within the body……. tapping on acupressure points and focusing on a specific issue sends a signal to the amygdala in the brain responsible for emotions, survival instincts, and memory. Perceived threats such as stress or negative responses from others stimulate the amygdala and can create chronic stress. Tapping reprograms your response to these threats… the anger, sadness, or whatever negative emotion you’re experiencing, and sends a signal to the amygdala that you’re safe. While the technique may be new, it’s based upon practices in Eastern medicine that are 5,000+ years old.
Tapping is able to work for so many different things ……it enables exploration of the emotional issues that often underlie the problems you’re experiencing. Tapping reaches us at the physiological level, creates a calming sensation neutralising any negative state so we no longer experience it as distressing, painful or damaging. It also changes our brain, creating new neural pathways that enable us to shift our thinking patterns and beliefs to new self supporting ones. This prevents us from being re-triggered into old stressful thoughts of the past, making way for more positive, empowering thoughts.
You are literally tapping into your body’s own energy and healing power….. by neutralising the negative states that suppress our immune system at the physiological level. It allows us to release old programming and stored emotions, (often stored as physical symptoms, issue’s, ill- health in the body). It can help us deal with current distress which tends to have it’s roots in the past.
You can improve your feelings about yourself and others, let go of past negative experiences, loose limiting beliefs and let go of obstacles holding you back.
Tapping can create long lasting and permanent results for a multitude of issues, including:
- pain and physical issues
- worried thinking
- low mood
- anger/unforgiveness etc
- weight loss/cravings/fitness
- the list goes on and on…………………………………See EFT International Website for more info https://eftinternational.org/
++ EFTi International Accreditation Level 2; ongoing mentoring & training
Below is a short video which introduces you to Tapping and what to expect if you’d like to know more before your first session.